Dr.-Ing. Marcel Winandy
- Former Research Assistant - Research Group System Security
- Former Research Assistant - Chair Systems Security
- 1997-2004: Studies at University of Bonn, Germany. Diploma (~ Master) in Computer Science.
- 2004-2005: Research Associate at Institute of Computer Science III, University of Bonn, Germany. Research on the security of adaptive mobile applications.
- 2005-2013: Research Associate at Horst Görtz Institute for IT-Security (System Security Lab, Prof. Sadeghi), Ruhr-University Bochum. Research and development of hard-disk encryption (Turaya.Crypt), secure graphical user interface system (Secure GUI), secure password protection against phishing (TruWallet), flexible virtualization of hardware security modules (Property-based vTPM), and security platforms for enterprise rights management and trusted virtual domains (Turaya).
- Jan 2012: PhD in IT-Security from Ruhr-University Bochum.
- Feb 2012 - Oct 2013: Senior System Architect with Sirrix AG security technologies, Bochum.
- 2010 - 2013 Project Manager of RUBTrust/MediTrust and eBPG, two national R&D projects at RUB aiming at building trustworthy and secure architectures for e-health systems.
- 01/2014 - 08/2014: Postdoc Researcher at Chair for System Security (Prof. Th. Holz) at Ruhr-University Bochum.
- Since 09/2014: Security Technologist with Huawei Technologies, European Research Center.
- Research interests:
- Security and privacy
- Operating systems security
- Secure software systems
- Secure user interfaces
- Trusted Computing
- Software engineering
- Scientific services:
- PC Member of InTrust 2013
- PC Member of SPSM 2013
- PC Member of WASH 2013
- PC Member of ACM STC 2012
- PC Member of WEES 2012
- Publicity Chair of TRUST 2012
- PC Member of eGSSN 2012
- Web Co-Chair of ACM IHI 2012
- Social Media Chair von eHealth 2011
- PC Member and Publicity/Web Chair of ACM STC 2011
- PC Member of TRUST 2011
- PC Member and Web/Proceedings Chair of ACM STC 2010
- Organizing Committee Member of TRUST 2010
- External reviewer for INTRUST 2010, ICISC 2010, FC 2010, DATE 2010, ICCAIE 2010, INTRUST 2009, TRUST 2009, EuroPKI 2009, STC 2009, VTC 2009, STC 2008, ISPEC 2008, InSPEC 2008, STC 2007, IIH-MSP 2006.
- 148095: Bachelor Seminar OS Security and Trusted Computing
- 148097: Master Practical Course OS Security and Trusted Computing
- 148094: Master Seminar OS Security and Trusted Computing
2016 2014 201320122011201020092008200720062005
Mit Sicherheit Mobil: Die Nutzung mobiler Geräte stellt Herausforderungen an Datenschutz und -sicherheit im Klinikalltag
Token-Based Cloud Computing -- Secure Outsourcing of Data and Arbitrary Computations with Lower Latency
Dynamic Integrity Measurement and Attestation: Towards Defense Against Return-Oriented Programming Attacks.